Thursday, October 29, 2009

pumpkin decorating, jack-o-jars

After school yesterday I took the kids to the store to get some pumpkins to decorate, as promised. We spent about an hour drilling, decorating and cleaning up. The kids said they missed the pumpkin goop and seeds from pumpkin carving, which we didn't do this year, but like the looks of the decorated pumpkin and that we took a few minutes to clean it up.

Collin did the Frankenstein (but without the hair - he didn't like the hair) and Jack pumpkins.



Allie did the Clown (below) and the Alien pumpkins.

Maddie was just curious about all the parts that went into the pumpkins. Like the big monster eyes of the Alien pumpkin.


I think they turned out pretty cute! After pumpkin decorating, the kids helped me clean and get ready for Mutual at 7 p.m. We rushed out the door at 5 p.m. to get Collin to soccer practice then back home in time for Mutual. The girls did these fun Jack-o-Jars that I found online, and so totally want to make a family of them for next year! Easy craft for the girls. They loved it!



So that's Wednesday for ya. We didn't get Collin's room cleaned up, but we got to decorate pumpkins. :)

4 comments:

Jen said...

Oh my gosh! I'm digging those jack-o-lantern jars! Those are so, so cute! I love the effect!

TheDickersons said...

Cool pumpkins! This is what we should do next year; it's more kid friendly. We forgot about pumpkins so we didn't have anything left but little ones. I love those jars!

Suni said...

I LOVE your lantern jars....so cute!!

Noriko Anderson said...

Oh my you have to put the link up for those pumpkin jars... so cute... I'm in YW too!... so any ideas are great!