Monday, October 12, 2009

random stuff


On the way home from Megan's (where we had dinner tonight), Kevin and I asked Allie if Maddie was sleeping in her bed again tonight. Note: Two days ago, I found all three of them in Allie's twin-sized bed, soundly asleep. Think of the Charlie and the Chocolate Factory scene with the two sets of grandparents sharing one bed. So, hence, the question. These kids are known to "sleep over" in each other's rooms or ours often.

allie: nope. she's sleeping in her crib. if I had a bed as big as Collin's maybe so, or if she and I both had our own pillows, yes, but when she's on my bed, I fall off on the other side, coz she sleeps diagonal like this.
collin: well maddie can sleep in my bed. allie you can sleep in my bed, too.
allie: nah. that would mean I have to carry all my pillows to your room.
collin: i'll do it for you so you don't have to.
allie: ummm, well i have my blanket and stuffed animals to bring over.
collin: i'll do that for you too. (but allie's not listening, so he says it louder). allie, I said I could do that for you.

I guess that wasn't too tempting for Miss Allie since she hurried on upstairs and quietly went to bed without telling her brother. Collin ended up reading three books on his own, and sneaked back into our room with The Lorax in his hand for me to read to him. It's his favorite story!

** tomorrow I am canning more peaches (we have used 6 quarts of it already!), setting up some more landscape bids, and shopping for materials for a Thanksgiving calendar, like the one seen here.

4 comments:

AZ Finters said...

I have the cheapest landscape companies if you want to subcontract it all out. I have a guy who digs trenches or holes for trees for $30 an hour. It only takes like 2 hours. Then, I have the cheapest concrete peeps, etc.

TheDickersons said...

Looks just like how they sleep when Jasmine is around for a visit!

Shanda said...

You have the sweetest children! How cute that they all wanted to be together!

Coordination Queen said...

that is adorable!