Tuesday, October 27, 2009

great grocery trip!

I went to Fry's today and got such a great deal, I thought I'd post something about it (for my notes really). I spent just under $75 and saved $125, which represented 63% savings. I used a total of $45 in clipped coupons, and the rest of the savings were VIP card savings.

I got 60 items for $75 or $1.25 per item, which included:

12 pkg Kroger Shredded Cheese (WP $2.12 each)
11 boxes Chex Mix Bars, Nature Valley and Fiber One Bars (WP $2.50 each)
10 jars/cans spaghetti sauce (WP $2 each)
8 rolls Bounty Paper Towels (WP $9)
6 lbs 93% lean ground beef (Costco Price - $2 - Walmart is more, but let's just say $2)
6 Yoplait yogurt (WP 50 cents)
5 packages Nature's Valley granola nut clusters (WP $2.50 each)
4 12-pack cans Sprite and Sprite Zero (WP $3+ each)
2 4-pack Dole fruit cups (WP $1.80 each)
2 boxes Cheeze-It (WP ($2.50 each)
2 6-pack Pediasure (WP $10 each)
2 gals milk (4%) (WP $2.40 each)
1 pkg Dixie Plates (45 pc) (WP $2.50)
1 Herbal Essences Hairspray (this one I could have skipped but I had a coupon expiring on Sat, and it cost less than the Walmart price with the coupon - WP $2.94)

Compare that to the Walmart price of $160 pretax. I seriously can't do it without clipping the coupons!

2 comments:

Jake & Abby Gardner said...

cool deal! I got a bunch of htose nature valley clusters for free. there's $1 printables and e-coupons from shortcut and cellfire.

Coordination Queen said...

i'm just trying to get started on the couponing thing... we'll see how it goes. how do you organize yours?