This week has been nice and I got a lot of things done with the kids and in the house. On Monday we celebrated Collin's bday, on Tuesday my mother-in-law and I hosted a Norwex Cleaning Party, on Wednesday I worked on getting bids on our backyard (finally! yea!).
On Thursday Mindy and I canned pears - 40 pints! That went really well and was alot cleaner and faster than the peaches. The kids were great, thanks to the movie Monsters vs. Aliens. They all probably watched it 2 times while we were canning.
So it really has been a nice week for me. I have enjoyed the kids being home from school and actually have the time to sit down and enjoy some time without wondering what I was supposed to be doing next. I love not having a schedule to stick to - sort of, since I still pretty much had one, not just a tight one. Whew!
To top off my nice week, a few of us friends went up to Time Out for Women on Friday night and all day today. I didn't have a camera handy to document that I was indeed there, but hey, at least I can write a few thoughts down so I can remember. What an uplifting weekend - I really left refreshed, recharged, and want to be a better wife, mother and friend. There are so many things I could be doing better, and I truly want to do better. I already knew that I was grateful to have the kind of family that I have, but after being there, I realized (even more so!) that I have a good husband and incredible kids. We all hope to go again next year. It really was a great time out for me.
Saturday, October 10, 2009
time out for me
Posted by
the Harris Family
at
9:44 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment