Wednesday, October 28, 2009

it was just one of those days

Yesterday was one of those days when things were hectic and I was about to lose my brain! :)
It was:

the kids' picture day at school, but one certain girl didn't set her uniform out the night before, had to dig for the uniform in a big pile of clothes hidden in her closet. then she FORGOT where her backpack was a few minutes before she was supposed to leave.

the last day to stock up cheap at Fry's. took me all but an hour, and I was happy with my loot. things are finally back in order, or so I thought.

preschool day went without a hitch. Maddie even went to nap with 10 minutes to spare before the kids arrived at my house.

piano and music lessons after school. piano ran over time, and collin was late to music class.

I find the two kids' rooms torn upside down, asked them to clean it up. allie got the big pile out of the closet and suddenly it is too much to clean herself. she decides to "help collin clean" his room first, and they both decided making little paper dolls and little paper houses was a lot funner.

the school gets messy (because of the little paper art activity), and I didn't realize they hadn't done a thing until I knocked on their door and asked if they were done. they said "pretty close" only to reveal an even messier room than I had seen before. Because now they did some REORGANIZATION and decided to take Collin's black shelf with toys IN baskets to Allie's room for her use. Hah!

maddie is in time out five times (at least) for climbing up the bar stools and walking on the countertops. If not the barstools, she pushed a chair up to the countertops and got up there too. I find her on the countertops with cups and spoons, a tea set and some other things she wasn't supposed to get out.

i'm about to lose my wits and I haven't made dinner. I have this certain thing that happens to my brain - if I haven't figured it out by 5 I probably can't think of anything to make!

so thankfully Kevin came to my rescue and HELPS me out by running to the grocery store to get the halloween treats and paper goods for my preschool halloween party today, and picks up Someburros on the way home. I'll miss him for 2 days while he's in SLC for a lawyer thing.

in between some of these things above, and yes, while I am on the phone, Collin tells me he hits his head and "heart" on the wall and makes two big ice packs to make it all better. Then later the said ice packs burst open and there is a big puddle in my long hallway. maddie and collin decide it was a cool slip-n-slide. So water is everywhere, they are both soaking wet, and they all try to help clean it up. at least now the whole floor has been mopped!

then there's allie's big pile still that I help her put away. we finally get it done at 9:00. I find they had also gotten in a bathroom and moved all our supply of toiletries around and left a WET something on the bottom shelf, and the shelf is damaged (water has seeped in and caused it to warp/bubble, whatever you call it).

it is also time for me to tie up all the loose ends downstairs, i.e., the kitchen *leaving the guest room and laundry for another day* and realized that today was the last day we could have all gone to get our pumpkins and decorate/carve them. oops.

I climb into bed at 10:30 and thought "What a day!" I also ask a half-asleep Kevin if I had been mean. because I wasn't ideally calm and collected like him. Just as fast as it got hectic today, the house was finally quiet and I went to check on the littles - who were sound asleep. I love those stinkers.

so, there you go. one of those days in my house. it happens. thankfully not all the time.

today will be a good day. our agenda is to get mr. collin's room cleaned up, and then pick up some pumpkins to decorate!

4 comments:

Megan Harris said...

I got tired just reading your post!! I cant believe your sweet children and their crazy day :)

Becca said...

Sounds like you need some Calgon :)

Jen said...

Hey Rinna! Sorry I haven't been a big commenter lately. I'm sorry about the crazy day! It seems like those happen all the time at my house! :) I'm also glad that we get to start a new day each morning. You are a great mom! Way to survive!

TheDickersons said...

That was like a novel...(lol) that sounds all too familiar! Ha!