Tuesday, December 1, 2009

look who's 2!





Miss Maddie turned 2 on Sunday! We had 2 get-togethers for her birthday - one on Friday for my side of the family (Andrea was leaving on Friday) and then one on Sunday for the Harris' side. One funny thing about both times was that Maddie didn't want to blow out her candles. She'd just look at the cake and candle with a finger or two in her mouth. On Friday when we started singing Happy Birthday she just plopped down on the bench and wouldn't get up til it was over. Collin blew out her candle for her. Then on Sunday she did the same thing minus the plopping down on the bench. So silly!

Maddie didn't want to blow her candle out on Friday
On Sunday: thinking "why do I have to do this again?"

She was into opening presents, ripping the wrapping paper ever so carefully. When she opened her first present, she wadded up all the paper and threw it in the trash before she checked out the toy inside the box. You can tell she's been hanging out with her mama a little too much.
She was so excited about the super dress-up shoes Anna gave her, not so much about the tutu, which I thought she would just want to wear all the time. Ahh maybe I should have gotten a green tutu (green is her favorite).

She was quite quick to put on this pretty ring.
...and the shoes! She couldn't wait to get it out of the box.

A new favorite toy - Tag Junior.

Some things about Maddie at 2:
- did I mention she loves the color green?

- she likes doggies and puppies.

- she likes to clean up any spills.

- she will bring you a diaper if she wants changed - she says "change dipers mom". She lays it out just for you.

- she likes her paci, when she finds it that is. I conveniently forget where I'd seen it so I can tell her I don't know where it is when she asks "where's paci?" She was weaned off it completely and then she found one and likes it still.

- her nursery teacher told me she pretended to talk on the phone with "Rinna" about two weeks ago. I didn't know she knew my name like that.

- she names people in a photograph. "Dad" when it's Kevin, but when it comes to my photo, she says "Rinna" instead of Mom. Anytime she sees Chad or Megan's she says "Parker mom/dad".
"Quiet" for any of the Merrill boys (after Wyatt).

- she loves oranges and bananas, and her vanilla Pediasure. She's currently telling me "I want eat oranges, Mom."

- she loves to read. She'll bring you a book and sit on your lap and say "Read storybook."

- she likes to sleep in Allie's bed!

- she likes it when we polish her toenails which she fondly calls "fingers" and requests for her nails to be painted. yep, she figured out a way to get to Allie's nail polish box.

- she likes her hair done. She tells me "fix hair" in the morning, and will sit still while I do it.

- she loves music and loves to sing!

We love her! and her little silly girly ways, hugs, kisses, and sweet little talking voice. Can't believe she's two!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

she's a cutie! she's growing too fast... a little girl at that! i love that silly, "crinkled" nose smile!

Jen said...

Those are gorgeous pictures, Rinna, and I love the cake!

Megan Harris said...

I love her 2 yr old pics! Maddie is the cutest little girl ever!! which reminds me... I need to go to target!!!

Brooke said...

Rinna! Those pictures are SO darling. She is such an adorable girl. (And I'm loving all your December posts!)

Suni said...

ADORABLE love her polka dot dress!!