Saturday, December 19, 2009

On the 18th Day of Christmas - Carpenter's Square

I was just talking to a friend the other day and I told her I wanted to get everything done (for Christmas that is) this weekend. She said, "That's ambitious!" Yep. Very much so. And darn it, it is not happening! I haven't wrapped one present for the kids, but thankfully already have them so I don't have to fight the shopping mall crowd.

I should know. I went for a quick rounding up trip yesterday (as in 30 minutes) and it took me 10 minutes to find a decent parking spot. I vow not to do that again if I can help it. Maybe I will get most done, so I can sit and read books and sip hot cocoa with the kids now that they are home from school. I don't want that rushed feeling. Like yesterday.

It was the kids' last day of school. Yippee! But I had a crazy morning rounding up those forgotten teacher presents. Then rounded up and wrapped more neighbor gifts in the p.m. while Allie and her friend Macey celebrate Macey's 9th Birthday (Allie gave her a lunch playdate gift last month) and watched the Hannah Montana movie. That was kinda relaxing just to be at home and watch a chick flick with the girls, Maddie included who sat next to Macey and fell asleep on her shoulder. Cuteness.

-- Ornament: Carpenter's Square for Joseph.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

where are the photos? can't wait to see all those cute kiddos in their nativity costumes...