Tonight's ornament is the sheep, to stand for Isaac. Our devotional was short and sweet as we had talked about Abraham's sacrifice the night before. We did however focus on what the word "sacrifice" meant - giving up something you LOVE. We asked the kids if they had ever given up something they loved and how it felt to do that. Then compared that to how Abraham was willing to give up his son Isaac, just like Heavenly Father gave up his ONLY son Jesus Christ, because he loves all of us and wants us to return to Him. And that Jesus was willing to do it even though He knew the pain and price it would cost Him.
I think just thinking about what the word "sacrifice" means and focusing on it made Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ's love for us even more profound to me and I am at a loss for words to describe.
** Collin and Allie were half asleep so Maddie went and found the sheep ornament. She knew exactly what to do with it! I love that she is learning the tradition well. Every time it is time to start, she asks for "bells" and sits at the piano to bang on some keys.
Monday, December 7, 2009
On the 6th Day of Christmas - A sheep
Posted by
the Harris Family
at
1:57 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I love how the kids never get tired of the bells, but seem to love them more. I also love how that helps set the stage for the event and the kids know just what to do (return their bell to me and sit down to get ready for the lesson).
Post a Comment