I helped 4 more preschoolers + Maddie make handprint ornaments (that makes 10 for the week!). We had lots of fun at our girls' preschool party (makes 2 for the week). Maddie attended our preschool and sat on the line for me, listened to our 2 special Christmas stories, and wanted to make the handprint so I let her have some dough. It turned out so cute. I love the little handprints hanging on our tree.
Went caroling with YW/YM around the neighborhood in a big hay trailer driven by the Bishop. Then went and did some quick shopping for neighbor gifts that I haven't still delivered (or wrapped). Running behind! :) Then stayed up late making our Christmas tags a.k.a. cards that will go with the neighbor gifts.
Helped Collin memorize a nursery rhyme for tomorrow. It was one of those great teaching times. I had a little orange slice to stand for Humpty Dumpty, half a cookie for a horse and a Hershey hug for the king's men. Collin got to squish the orange slice at the end of each recitation. He got it down pat after five recitations, but wanted to finish squishing all 12 slices and was laughing at each of the squishes he made.
The best part was that an hour or two later, he came to me and said out of the blue, "I wish you were my teacher at school, Mom". It made my day!
Ornament: scroll (to be soon replaced by gold plates) to stand for the Book of Mormon prophets who like the Old Testament prophets told about the coming of the Savior long before He was born. The Book of Mormon is another testament of Jesus Christ.
Wednesday, December 16, 2009
On the 15th Day of Christmas - the Scroll
Posted by
the Harris Family
at
7:11 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Oooo. I like the gold plates idea! I hope you'll share photos of your new ornament(s) sometime in the future. :)
Post a Comment